The "Electric drives 1" interactive multimedia online training provides an interesting introduction to the world of electric motors.
The first section sets out the basic principles of electric drives. The second section illustrates the construction and functioning of DC motors, while the third section deals with the special features of AC motors.
- Net study time: 2 hours
- Available in the following languages:
All prices include 19% VAT (Germany).
Depending on region other taxes may apply.
Add to basket
Add to wish list
From the contents:
- Basic principles of electric drives
- Getting to know different motor types (stepper motor, asynchronous motor, universal motor)
- Mechanical principles (conversion of mechanical/electrical energy, motor - generator, circuit diagram and current direction, transmission variables (force, mechanical power, efficiency etc.), definitions of torque and speed)
- Electronic principles (basic principle of the motor, Lorentz force using the example of a conduction loop, electrical and magnetic fields, occurrence of torque, right-hand rule)
- Getting to know different DC motors
- General (functional principles, commutation, technical data, brushless DC motor, load dependency, difference between series and parallel connection)
- Parallel connection behaviour
- AC motors
- Difference in power supply (DC, AC, three-phase AC)
- Getting to know different AC motors
- General functional principle (difference between synchronous and asynchronous motor), technical data, rating plate, characteristic curves and their interpretation, definition of reactive, apparent and effective power)
- Single-phase AC motor
- Three-phase AC motor special cases (stepper motors)
- Summary and review exercises