The online training is based on an amended version of the EC machinery directive 2006/42/EC.
How is the overall performance level of a technical safety measure determined? The online training explains concepts such as probability of failure (POF), diagnostic coverage (DC), common cause failure (CCF), redundancy and diversity. There is also a detailed explanation of all the com-ponents for safety equipment.
From the contents:
- Introduction to machine safety
- The question of liability (who is liable in the case of an accident?)
- European directives
- The relationship between directives and standards
- The new EU machinery directive 2006/42/EC
- The hierarchy of the European standards for machine safety
- Machine safety in the USA
- Risk assessment procedure according to EN ISO 14121 and EN ISO 12100
- Risk evaluation: determining the required performance level
- Risk reduction measurements: design measures, technical safety measures, instructional measures
- Selecting the safety function
- Determining the control category