The necessary basic knowledge for this is provided in the Technical Knowledge and Components modules, to which they can refer at any time.
All training content is taught by means of audio clips. Additionally, the narrative text can be viewed on the sitemap.
From the contents:
- Selection of sensors in a milk bottling plant
- Object detection in industrial practice
- Switching characteristics of proximity switches
- Connection technology: Two-wire technology, three-wire technology, four-wire technology
- NO/NC (Normally Open, Normally Closed)
- Inductive sensors: Construction and mode of operation, factor-1 sensors, special designs, flush fitting sensors, application examples
- Optical sensors: Diffuse sensor, through-beam sensor, retro-reflective sensor, background fade-out, fibre optic cable, light types, reflection types, adjustment, contrast sensor, colour sensor
- Capacitive sensors: Construction, mode of operation, usage and examples
- Ultrasonic sensors: Construction, mode of operation, applications